Friday, February 17, 2012

Living My Rhythm [with Spirit]

I begin in the East.

The sun rises, our rooster crows. As the sun follows his path across the sky, I am guided through my day.

The moon rises. I travel with her on her cycles of waxing and waning. As we move through the month together,  I create and release in time with her song.

The earth circles 'round, spinning out her infinite cosmic dance with the sun. As she circles, the seasons slowly change. Their wisdom teaches me nourishment and guides me in what I do.

Life, and everything that is a part of life, is cyclical. The seasons, the phases of the moon, the rhythm of women's bodies all move gently like the infinite inhalation and exhalation of the Goddess' breath. Everything is a cycle of birth, growth, death and rebirth, of creation and retreat. These cycles guide my life in a natural rhythm. Connecting with these natural cycles connects me with Spirit.

When the moon is new, I turn to the East, to new beginnings. To setting my intentions for the coming cycle, for imagining my creations.

When half of the moon's face is visible in the sky, I turn to the South. This is my most active phase, with the energy and fire of summer. I am gestating my creations, building, constructing, giving them form.

The full moon blesses me with her energy as I turn to the West. To clarify, to release. During the first half of the moon's cycle, I'm gathering energy to feed my creations. When we travel into the waning phases, I release that energy, birthing my creations out into the world.

As the moon dwindles down for her time of rest, I do the same. I turn to the North. I retreat for rejuvenation, tapping into my inner wisdom for guidance on replenishing myself. I am open and listening to my Wise Woman. I am enveloped in gratitude for all that has been.

And then I turn to the East to begin anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment