Monday, March 12, 2012

Gratitude

The other day, I was reading my favorite blog, and she directed me to this beautiful and inspirational video (if you have ten minutes to spare, I highly recommend you take a look). In the days since, feeling gratitude has been very much in my awareness. It can be easy to get caught up in the mix of our lives. Even though we have many things we're grateful for, and we may speak our gratitude or think our gratitude, it's not often that we slow down to really feel our gratitude.

I like to feel my gratitude with the root of my feminine spirit. I focus on my womb area, holding the object of my gratitude there, and I let a warm light fill me up (you don't have to have a womb to do this practice, by the way. The womb space is also the place of the root chakra). It is a wonderfully grounding experience, and it helps keep the messier and more difficult parts of life in perspective. It helps me live happier, more relaxed, and truly connected to Spirit.

What I am grateful for right now:

  • leaping ballerinas 
  • Anthony out in the rain, working on our greenhouse
  • sun-kissed curls on a rainy day
  • almond butter (we were out for so long!) on spelt toast with honey and butter -my favorite decadent snack
  • a vacumed floor, folded laundry and washed dishes
  • I am so grateful that my children are growing up where I grew up. I am so grateful that my parents are a daily part of our lives.
  • the honor of opening up my home yesterday for an amazing circle of women. We came together to celebrate and bless our friend who will soon be welcoming her second baby. I myself felt so blessed to be among such a strong circle of women, to be in this place with a community of sisters surrounding me. [I am also so grateful for my wider community of sisters, who live farther away but whose love and support nourishes me daily.]
Olivia gets love from the younger members of the tribe

What are you feeling gratitude for? Please share in the comments below.
*Blessings*

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful for reading this entry right now. No doubt it is exactly what I needed to focus and center many widely dispersed thoughts. I really am feeling grateful for having the internet allow me to connect with your energy, which has been far away from me and now feels a little closer.

    ReplyDelete