Thursday, March 22, 2012

Springtime Snow on a New Moon

Today I welcome in the new moon in Aries. According to my We'Moon 2012, it's a time to access our inner fires [creativity] and to re-center ourselves. "It's time to do what truly makes us feel alive..."
A few days ago we celebrated the Spring Equinox. The next day we got snowed in [and spent way too much time indoors]. Today we busted out of the house and felt truly alive...




During the spring weather in February, we planted our first peas. They have been courageous little peas, surviving at least three good snowfalls. Here Jai, Mina and Little Buddha help rescue them from their chilly blanket.


And then we took to the hills.



After all the laughing and sledding [and carrying heavy babies up hills], we were ready to come inside for something delicious. We made grain-free shortbread, and oh it was delicious indeed [we didn't have any almond flour, so we just ground up some almonds in the food processor. Because of that, I think, our shortbread turned out kind of crumbly, but still very tasty.] It's a great recipe to make with children, because it's easy, quick, very hands-on, and made with wholesome and simple ingredients.





The kids are now asleep [happy and full], and it's mama time. In honor of myself and the moon, I'm going to treat myself to a hot bath [with Epsom salts and lavender essential oil.] While I'm in there, I like to meditate on my intentions for this new lunar cycle [focus on expanding flock of chickens and acquiring ducks, start monthly women's circle, order garden seeds, craft with friends, finish my art journal documenting Mina's first year of life...] I love following the cycle of the moon because she keeps me living in a natural, restorative, and gentle rhythm. If you would like to read more about how I'm guided by the moon, check out this post.
In the meantime, happy New Moon. Do something loving for yourself. Light a candle. Set some intentions.
*Blessings*

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum, I'm trying that shortbread! And what fun that snow was!

    ReplyDelete