Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rising with the Sun

Good morning! [Yes, it is morning. If you ever noticed, my posts are usually written late in the night. The time now, however, is 6:09 am. I am watching the sunlight stream into the valley below me, clearing the fog and warming the frost.]

I feel like I haven't been here in awhile [it's been over a week.] I knew springtime would be a good test of my blogging ability, because the majority of my energy is spent all day, outside [what blessings!] I come in the house at about 9:00 at night, utilizing that last hour of sunlight after the kids are asleep. Then I used to spend several hours before bed cleaning, relaxing, writing.

But that has all changed. I have made into reality what I have dreamed about since Jai was a baby.

I am waking up earlier than the kids! I am savoring early morning hours in the company of myself; I am drinking tea with the singing birds and the crowing roosters; I am out in the garden soaking up the first rays of sunlight.



My alarm goes off at 5:30 am [a very quiet one that only wakes me up], and I carefully extract myself from my children's embrace. I have never been able to get up by myself before; my kids sleep with me, and one child would inevitably wake up with me when I tried. But I also never tried waking up before 6:00 am, and that apparently is key. 5:30 is early enough that they are still deep in sleep, and I can slip quietly [sleepily lumbering] away.

I am adjusting to this new routine. I love being up early, but it is a struggle to go to bed at a decent time. I love being up early and I love being up late...oh well, who needs sleep anyway?

For your morning [early or otherwise], I want to share a little blessing that the kids and I like to say together. Sometimes we walk outside and say it, sometimes we parade around the house burning sage while we say it, or sometimes I just say it quietly to myself. Either way, it starts my day with good feelings.



[the blessing is adapted from one found in Seven Times the Sun by Shea Darian]

Open wide the door to morning
with love this day shall start
walk gently on the earth
with kindness in your heart

Open wide the door to morning
take beauty as a clay
and mold an act of thankfulness
for the blessings of this day.



*Blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment