Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Having Faith

It had always been my dream to move back home and live in the beauty of nature, surrounded by family and community.

I feel incredibly blessed to say that I'm living my dream.

[Gratitude.]

On Sunday I hosted my second Women's Circle, a space for women to come together and connect with each other, with our feminine spirits, and with the cycles of nature. It is a space for sharing, supporting, releasing, and inviting in. It is a space filled with the laughter of our children. It is a sacred space.



This circle took place during a third quarter moon, which is a good time for clarification. I sat around with five beautiful spirits as we released energy and emotions that no longer serve us. Passing around a bundle of sticks, we released our negative, stagnant, and unhelpful energy into them.



After a meal shared all together, the children marched us [dancing and singing] down to the bridge. The bundle of sticks was tossed into the river, where it flowed gently downstream.



Clarity. The golden green of sunshine on leaves. Dancing light at the water's edge. Spirits free of burdens held. Release.

During the circle, we frequently found ourselves talking about faith. Faith in the universe. Faith in our journey. Faith that everything is going to be alright.

Through many of my life experiences, I have learned that there is nothing more important than having faith that everything will be [and is] as it should be. Listening to intuition and staying open to the many lessons and teachers sent our way will always keep us on the right path. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

This time of year, my faith is renewed every time I watch a seed sprout and grow into a beautiful plant that feeds me and my family. It does take faith to believe that such a tiny seed will succeed and flourish, and sometimes I find myself worrying that it won't. The other day I was worrying about something in my garden [the delinquency with which my corn is sprouting] and this thought came to me: what if every time we found ourselves worrying about something, we turned that worry into faith that everything will be alright? Worry is focus on a negative outcome; faith is focus on a positive outcome. What would your life be like if you replaced worry with faith?



I choose to live in the world of faith.

Many blessings, sweet friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment