Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Moon Intentions

1. My intentions are always high. I don't always make good on them. But every time around, I evolve a little more.

2. I had intentions of spending this evening connecting with my highest self and honoring the new moon cycle with ritual. Instead I could only manage to connect with a movie on Netflix and a bowl of freshly made [our apple trees are ridiculously abundant this year] applesauce. With almond butter.

3. I had intentions of writing a really awesome blog post about my New Moon intentions. I had intentions of going to bed early and getting 8 hours of sleep.

4. Do you see that, over there? The way the fog drifts into our little valley with the setting sun. Do you see the multitude of grays and blacks as the earth turns in the fading light? My children's delighted screams ring through the air, drowning out the song of the winter wren. I am sitting alone, blessedly, taking a still moment to reconnect with myself. The cool evening air and the beauty of it all bring me back to center.

5. I find that my new moon intentions follow a similar pattern: connect with my root [spirit]; release myself from my own expectations; live in the moment; make decisions that nourish.

6. I am in constant awe of the messages that flow through me, daily, when I am open to perceive. When I can open my mind up to every detail and see its place in the whole, blessed picture. Small lessons, personal revelations, mistakes made and learned from. How glorious that our experience can be a constant road of evolution and enlightenment. I feel gratitude.

7. I intend to be sane. I intend to be relaxed. I intend to be playful. I intend to let go. I intent to be patient, to be gentle. I intend to be full of passion and creativity. I intend to nourish myself so that I might be the greatest person I am capable of [I intend to inspire others to greatness].

8. I intend to keep singing and dancing and painting leaves and stringing beads and keeping sight of what's important. I intend to gently reject the feeling that there is more to do than I'm capable of.

9. I am very, very capable.

10. I intend to meditate and light a candle before I go to bed, so that all ritual is not lost.

11. I intend to write more blog posts.

12. I intend to see my mistakes as the blessings they are and to move forward, ever towards the light.

13. I intend to go to bed early. Tomorrow.

*Blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment