Sunday, March 17, 2013

End of Day

1. The kids were asleep tonight by 7:48. Lingering light illuminated the clear sky, a sliver of a moon shone down. Bats flitted overhead, and the "whoop whoop whoop whoop" of a snipe sounded over the amplified song of the frogs. I sat on the deck, wrapped in a blanket.

2. My new favorite thing is the 20 minute afternoon rest (for mama). While the kids are watching something on the computer, I crawl into bed. I close my eyes, and although I don't actually sleep, I reach a very relaxed state. At least, I don't think I'm sleeping but then I suddenly feel myself waking up from that transitional place of wakeful sleep [or sleepful wake, perhaps]. Usually this makes me feel amazing, and my energy is renewed enough to carry on with the rest of the day. Today, however, I wake up grumpy.

3. If ever in doubt, go for a walk. Preferably to a place enchanted by fairies, where the sweep of sword ferns are broken only by a soft carpet of lush moss. Where cities of mushrooms abound, where the sunlight shining down through lichen covered maples illuminates one sacred grove after another. Where mamas can delight children by finding abandoned schatzi shells: treasure. Gifts from the Beloved.  Enchantment of fairies.

4. Earlier today, Jai went over to help Grandpa in his greenhouse. Yasmina and I stayed to work in our greenhouse. Mustard, pac choi, kale, radishes, and an early experiment of beans went into the soil, as well as marigold and echinacea seeds saved from last year. As we were working, I heard a slam on the window and looked up to see the robin who had flown into it, writhing on the ground. By the way she was tumbling and crazy rolling, I thought she must have broken her neck. But she calmed as I approached, and once in my hands, she appeared unharmed. Breathing heavily, she had no desire to fly away. As she perched on my finger, Yasmina petted her and gave her love and helped me send her healing energy through our hands. I envisioned her flying away. We put her in a cat carrier in the barn [to rest] and went back to our work. Later, we came back and opened the door to her cage. She looked at us a moment, then flew away without warning.

5. The night air is cold, but my blanket is warm. As I breathe in the light of the moon, I see her energy traveling down through my body, warming my chakras. With this downward motion, I release the stagnant energy inside me. A wispy cloud darkens the moon. I continue to breathe in the energy of the night and to release unneeded energy. When I open my eyes, the cloud has passed and the moon is clear. New moon.

6. I put all my babies to bed. I kiss my sleeping children, sending glowing love down into their little bodies. The ducks are in their house, Yansa in the east, Oxum ["oshoon"] in the south, Iemanja in the west. Beaks tucked under wings. The chickens, too, are roosting in their coop. Goosey Loosey, a big black hen, is not sitting on her nest. Perhaps she has not gone broody after all.
I don't turn my flashlight on as I enter the barn. It is almost pitch black, and I must reach out to find the horses. Soft muzzles, delicious horse sent. I hold Avalon's head in my arms, then I lean into Harold, cradling his neck. Bella waits for me outside. I bury my face in her baby fluff as she gnaws a bone. She is not ready to go inside yet. I am, and I find it warm and illuminated.

*Blessings*




No comments:

Post a Comment