Thursday, April 5, 2012

Full Moon in Libra 2012

The moon will be full tomorrow [Friday]. I got a preview tonight, when I went outside to close up the chicken coop. The almost-full moon had risen up behind the dark silhouettes of fir trees, illuminating a sky finally clear after a day of rain. I had just put Yasmina down to sleep, and I was so tired I had almost fallen asleep with her.

Now, with the moon shining her love down on me, I soaked that love right up. I visualized my pelvic bowl filling up with her energy. With my inhalations, I saw the glowing moonlight warm up the left [feminine] side of my pelvis, and with my exhalations, the energy moved over to the right [masculine] side and back out into the cool night air. I continued this visualization for a couple of minutes. When I was done, I felt renewed and energized, and the moon and I danced for a minute. [If you are interested in learning more about connecting with your pelvic bowl, please check out Wild Feminine by Tami Lynn Kent.]

I always try to soak up the energy of the full moon. It nourishes me. Today or tomorrow or the next day, go outside and make sure you have a minute [or more] with the moon. 

The full moon is an excellent time to review the intentions you set on the new moon [next cycle I will share my own new moon ritual]. Check in to see if you are putting your energy where you desire it. Allowing the cycle of the moon to guide my rhythm keeps me focused and helps me accomplish what is really important to me.

One of my intentions at the new moon was to expand our chicken flock.
We now have nine little chicks living in our bathroom
I also like to channel the full moon energy to fuel my creativity. The full moon is known for making people do crazy things. I like to be crazy creative [like the time I decided to cut layers into my hair]. Grab your paper and your paints or your knitting needles or your ukelele or your favorite ingredients from the fridge and let your soul create.

Dancing naked under the moon is also nice.

*Blessings*



No comments:

Post a Comment